Friday, August 1, 2008

on being a child of God




I had the privileged of seeing the world in its true colors, less the fancy paint of a fairy tale land. To the people I've met and talked to the world may not be a PARADISE. But the hope for a happy ending has never ended.

There was a mission in my local church to visit a poor area for feeding, counseling and sharing the word of God. It has been a very enlightening experience for me and i can boldly say that the experience did me good and helped me a lot more than i was to them. The ugly truth about poverty, pain from almost every aspect and hunger for food and for the Word of God were very evident. The injustice and disrespect for this people have made them feel the hole and emptiness from this world. Yet the faith to God and His promises are what keeping them fighting to survive this so called LIFE.

I wonder how much the corrupt officials are earning from our hard earned money to pay our taxes and yet cannot do anything to supply enough food for its people? No decent homes to shelter them with when they feel cold during the rainy days. Not even a clean water for them to forget their hunger and no education for the children to build their future on. When the service men who promised to protect the people and the land are the same people who are stepping on their rights just because they don't have the money. When did respect for humans has been dependent by how much money you have or the place where you live or the educational background you have? Being poor on material things has never and should never be a CRIME! At the end of our journey it's not how much we've attained in terms of superficial and material things that will determine our place in HIS throne, but our hearts.

We are all children of God regardless of our race, color, gender, social status and achievements in life. We all came and will all end on that same loving hands. That is why we are called brothers and sisters.

Kindness toward others and compassion for them are keys in making our ties with this world much stronger. Let's start with being kind to our family, friends and then we can extend it to the ones outside our comfort box. I have learned to thank God for all the blessings that He have unselfishly given to me, knowing in myself that I don't deserve them. In my way, I hope that I can also share that blessing and kindness that I have been given to the others...to fill in that HOLE in this world.

0 comments: