Thursday, August 14, 2008

my thanksgiving

there was once a little girl, bruised by the worlds injustice and pain. she would often dream and wonder how it was to be on the other side of the road? at her tender age she get to realize the ugly truth that the world is not a fairy tale to live in. but she kept her faith and continue to hope for something good.

the situations presented to that little girl has made her 10 times older than her age, the youth in her cannot stop her from complaining every time she get wounded. she felt alone, helpless and deserted. but through the sad moments of her struggling life she get to know that FAMILIAR VOICE unheard by many. It soothed her wounds with loving words and reassuring promises, He would tell her, "do not fear my sweet child for I will never leave you".

She was a little girl and she believed...

the road the little girl traveled was never easy nor even. often times the pain of the experiences would shake her but the hands of that FAMILIAR VOICE would steady and keep her focus on the path she needs to take. "I am here my child, do not be frightened", He would say.

though the wind gets tough and wolves are always at the door the soothing promises and love of that FAMILIAR VOICE will remind the little girl to be still and keep the faith. she may not be the best warrior, but she get to pass that faith testing road by the grace and love of that FAMILIAR VOICE.


...i continue to take my journey with faith and new hope each day that the LORD has been giving me. at the moment i have also learned to see the beauty and value of LIFE, now that HE allowed me to see the purpose of my existence. i am not traveling my journey alone...and i never was. i have always had a great HANDS who holds me, comfort me, love me and HEALS me...with the VOICE that still me when i am shaken and WORDS that strengthen and comforts me.

i am still a sinner and i know that the road up there to get where HE is, is as ugly and hard as i can remember. but i will never FEAR...in my heart of hearts i know that the FAMILIAR VOICE will never leave me. never before...never will be...


i have grown up from that little girl that i was...

but i still BELIEVE...

my LORD...this is my THANKSGIVING.



from your little girl,
"cRiZel"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Familiar Voice that stayed with you reminds me of the man who was walking on the beach with the LORD, He also never left his side.

Footsteps In The Sand:

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him
he looked back, at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you,
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

N.Olp 8/16/08