Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Masquerade Ball

Everybody is masked, pretending to be somebody they're not. They are that "somebody" they wanted to be, for who or for what we will never know. Who are they? I can't hardly tell. Which one is real from which one is a facade? Seems like they're just as same.

My grandmother once told me that its not so bad to wear a mask, it's nice she said to once in a while live with your fantasies and learn a lesson from living in there. But I think I tried to live in a world too complex for me and was stunned with the truth that no matter how hard you try REALITY will always snap you back into your own world.

People wear those mask for different reasons in different occasions. Others are putting on a hard front to cover their weakness and build their defenses on. Some people finds a soft one more effective in hiding the strong personality they got. Believing that soft and weak person are rather easy to gain love and affection. But whatever the reason is and no matter how good the intentions are you will always need to check that you still have a grasp with your own reality. Go to dreamland baby, but keep your sanity to know your way home.

Dreams even nightmares have their own endings just like any other story is. Wear that mask its okay dear, but the most important thing is knowing the REAL person in you...behind the MASK. As for me, I will allow others to see, accept and love me for the real me. So if ever they do not approve of what their eyes can see, I can always say that's all I got and everything I am.

So take a bow sweetie...for the masquerade ball has just ended.

2 comments:

Sunwukong said...

An alternate title might be 'Reflections of Fantasy'.

Anonymous said...

Very well said Crizel, Altho if anyone has a problem with what they see, they have the option to look elsewhere.