Wednesday, August 13, 2008

i am my own self

Have you ever been in love with a person who just think of you as a friend? When he keeps on hurting you and still you painfully, blindly, stupidly take each blow like as if its just the "first time"? I sometimes think I've moved on but his presence bluntly tells me i haven't made half a step yet to be considered moving.

Is it really wise to allow your self to fall for your best friend and risk losing him on the process? Should i take the risk of putting a good friendship on the line as a collateral to something that MAY or MAY NOT work?

I DID...

I loved, for I am real and human. I say I LOVE YOU because i mean it and can feel every letter of the words beating from the core of my heart. Not just a passing fancy of wanting to say it because you feel that you need to say it.

We love in different ways and with different intentions. But I'd rather be hated for something that I am than be loved for something I am not. Getting into a relationship just because you want to help and change things for her/him is never a good foundation and reason to be together. We can't change someone to be that "someone" we want them to be nor can we change the course of the wind and change things for them. Acceptance and loving beyond the imperfections are the measures of true love. Others can be a good feeling too but only for a fleeting moment...and everything else will be just a wasted time...

love me...hate me...i am my own self.

2 comments:

Sunwukong said...

Well said Crizel! Thanks for the link to inspiration.

Anonymous said...

This is another nice post. very well said, now i wonder myself on why do we say i love you to a person? Is it the need or the want to say it? hmm...i loved the last paragraph, about accepting & loving the imperfections and the fleeting moment of a love you just thought was true. Beautiful...you're beautiful.