Friday, May 29, 2009

cry me a river


tears has always been associated with extreme emotions, whether of happiness or of pain. the eyes can’t hold them back anymore when words are never enough to express that certain feeling. more often we tend to hide it…look away so others wont see the pain that goes along with our unshed tears. then we thought we have fooled the world by that magnificent smile we tried so hard to paste on that cold face of ours, bloodless…lifeless. one look, a peek from the window of our souls or even just one word–one word, is enough to betray that darn pride!

“I AM HAPPY, really happy”, said the woman behind me. I looked at her and i knew it was just a line. A line that always comes from the unhappy ones. Fool me alright but to fool yourself is absurd! I may be deaf but never blind (well at least on that matter). “See i’m no longer crying? I am so much over him!”, she continued and I almost choke all the food i somehow managed to eat for the past 10 years of knowing her.


there’s nothing wrong with being sad every once in a while. it doesn’t makes us less of a person when we cry and admit even to ourselves that we are hurt and is still hurting. hiding the tears will not eliminate the pain and the smiles will never heal the wounds. remember, a heavy clouds will always find a way to pour its rain. besides, its not really the tears that measure the pain…sometimes, its the smile we fake.


0 comments: