Wednesday, February 25, 2009

american dream...


american dream...


hearing that foreign voice every night, imagining the prominent streets, avenue and roads that leads to places that are starting to be familiar, I can picture the face behind those distinct accent smiling or yelling on the other line. I sometimes wonder if i'm still here where i thought i am or am i along with that foreign voice, living a US life.

I already give up my American Dream or so i thought i did in exchange for the gift of having my own family. Until just recently when the opportunity came knocking on my door--second time around. is it hope i'm feeling? then why hope for something that you don't want? will i make it this time? or am i heading towards another avenue of disappointment? i wouldn't know, not until i take the first step.

part of me wants to pursue that old American Dream and embrace the fate and opportunities that will be given to me. while the other half is convinced that i should stay put to where i am and be content with having my kids and a stable job. i always believed that life itself is a risk. a risk that each of us will take one way or another. the greatest warrior in the history of battle was never afraid to take them, as that leads to the glory of their success.

so here i am gradually taking each day, one step at a time. until my journey lead this feet... to where its fated to be.

0 comments: